Thursday, August 18, 2016

Destroyer of Worlds

She had the audacity to ask me how I'm going to build a doomsday device out of nothing. She said you can't build one with just a broken heart. Nonsense. A genius can build a doomsday device out of chewing gum, copper wiring, and a bitter broken heart. Okay, maybe a little stolen low-grade plutonium, but let's not mention that because the government is always listening and they don't understand supervillain jokes. Anyway, when the earth starts trembling and rips apart at the seams and everyone starts falling off into space, you will know it is me breaking it the way it broke my heart. I will be watching from my space station, my red cape billowing behind me because I installed tiny fans just for that. And then I'll be wondering what to do next now that everyone else is gone, and if I really thought this through all the way. Because I kind of need an audience for this cape to work.

No comments: